Project Interchange, an educational institute of AJC,(American Jewish Committee )brings opinion leaders and policy makers to Israel for a WEEK OF INTENSIVE TRAVEL AND LEARNING . Participants experience Israeli society, connect with their Israeli counterparts and learn about Israel’s extensive contributions in their fields. Representing numerous spheres of influence across the globe, Project Interchange delegations include:
- Heads of State, Cabinet Officials and Members of Parliament
- Federal, State, County and City Elected Officials
- University Presidents, Student Leaders and Campus Media
- Newspaper, TV and Radio Reporters, Editors and Analysts
- High-tech, Bio-tech, Energy, Public Health and Business Leaders
- Counter-terrorism and Security Specialists
- Christian, Muslim, Hindu and Other Faith Leaders
- Ethnic and Community Leaders
- Nobel Laureates and Rhodes Scholars
Project Interchange participants gain direct, in-depth exposure to Israel’s diverse population, democratic system of government and complex strategic and societal dilemmas through:
- Discussions with leading Israeli figures, including top government and military officials, innovative business and NGO executives and world-renowned academics
- Meetings with senior Arab-Israeli and Palestinian leaders
- Sessions on education, immigrant absorption, social welfare programs, economic development, rule of law, human rights and the peace process
- Visits to various sites of historic, strategic and religious significance
Founded in 1982, Project Interchange maintains an ALUMNI NETWORK OF OVER 6,000 INFLUENTIAL VOICES SPANNING MORE THAN 80 COUNTRIES. With the support of affiliates around the world, Project Interchange conducts ongoing alumni programming and outreach on key issues relating to Israel and the region. Project Interchange participants reflect an understanding of Israel that could only come from first-hand experience, and which is expressed through their news reporting and analysis, policy positions, speeches, business activities and enduring connections with Israeli leaders and institutions.
Project Interchange relies on donors who support its unique purpose and the measurable results its programs yield.
“The great success of Project Interchange is not that it provides seminar participants with all the answers-but it inspires them to delve more deeply, to think of Israel more carefully and with greater empathy and to seek an even deeper understanding of the political, religious, cultural and strategic factors at issue in the Middle East today. This program is without peer.”
Project Interchange seminars are geared toward leaders and opinion makers from across the globe and various segments of society. Our more than 6,000 alumni include members of Parliament, political advisors, print and broadcast journalists, clergy, diplomats, civic and policy leaders, academics, and youth organizers.
Each seminar reflects the unique approach of Project Interchange. Our EDUCATIONAL GOALS are nonpartisan and apolitical. We believe that Israel’s achievements, diversity, aspirations and challenges require no intermediary. They are best conveyed by Israeli policymakers, journalists, and governmental officials themselves in their own words.IF “Israels achivements” require no intermediary
Though thematically unique, all seminars provide a thoughtful window into Israeli society, culture, and politics. Participants discuss and debate key foreign policy questions with Israeli leaders. They hear a range of viewpoints and exchange knowledge on best practices in areas like immigration policy and counter-terrorism. Last but not least, PI brings individuals face to face with many of Israel’s most important historic, religious, and archaeological sites.
Our seminars are customized, reflecting the professional interests and national backgrounds of participants. This approach is facilitated by input from AJC’S 35 INTERNATIONAL FIELD OFFICES AND 18 GLOBAL PARTNERSHIP ORGANIZATIONS
WHY DOES THE ——–AMERICAN ——JEWISH COMMITTEE——- SPEND MONEY TO CREATE GOOD PR FOR A—— FOREIGN NATION ISRAEL ? ARE AMERICAN JEWS AMERICANS WHO HAPPEN TO BE JEWS OR JEWS WHO HAPPEN TO BE AMERICANS ?????
SOURCE PROJECT INTERCHANGE WEBSITE