Israel is a small state of just seven million people yet it has since its formation in 1948 aided armed and traded with more dictators tyrants despots and crazed lunatics then most nations ten times its size . In fact other then the US there doesnt seem to be any nation on earth which has aided and abetted do many dictators and despots as Israel
The role of Israel’s government, its military, and related corporations and organizations in a global industry of violence and repression. The states most involved with this industry profit from perpetual war and occupation across the globe while maintaining vastly unequal societies of their own.
The United States, the main arbiter of power worldwide, is Israel’s largest funder. The majority of U.S. aid to Israel is in the form of military assistance . The U.S. government gives Israel approximately 3 billion U.S. dollars per year in financial aid and several billion more per year in military assistance and contracts.5
Israel has sold its signature firearms, the Uzi submachine gun and the Galil rifle, in countries throughout the region, arming Guatemalan death squads, Nicaraguan Contras , Pinochet’s Chile, and the military junta in Argentina against the population and their movements.
• The Israeli government and corporations play a significant role in Brazil’s domestic policing, crowd control, surveillance systems, military arms, prisons and militarized borders. The police training and arming is part of Brazil’s anti-favela campaign and other domestic repression.
• Brazil has contracted with Israel to provide an advanced surveillance system in its state prison system.
ARGENTINA AID TO MILITARY JUNTA
• In the 1970s, Israel armed the brutal military regime of the Argentinian Junta that imposed seven years of state terrorism on the population, including the torture and “disappearance” of an estimated 22,000-30,000 left-wing activists, trade unionists, students, journalists, and other alleged anti-regime civilians. The Argentinian regime and its supporters also targeted its Jewish civilians and espoused anti-semitic rhetoric. Rather than condemn the Junta, Israel worked with the Argentinian government to establish a program called “the Option,” allowing Jews to flee to Israel (in other words like Zionist support to Nazis the state of Israel aided persecution of nationalist Jews to aid Aliya to Israel )
• Today in Argentina, the government has a contract worth 40 million U.S. dollars with the Israel Military Industries (IMI) to set up a prison.
NIGARAGUA AID TO SAMOZA
• In Nicaragua, Israel provided 98% of the arms Somoza used in the last year of his dictatorship to kill 50,000 Nicaraguans.
COSTA RICA AID TO CONTRAS
• In Costa Rica, as early as 1981, in addition to selling arms to the police to repress the population, Israel provided passports, aliases and arms to Contras operating out of Costa Rica against the people of Nicaragua.
EL SALVADOR HONDURAS GAUTEMALA TRAINED DEATH SQUADS
• In El Salvador, the Histadrut, Israel’s national “labor federation” (see text box on page 14), cooperated with the United States AFL-CIO and the CIA to undermine rural
• In El Salvador Israel was involved in training the military, police, and death squads of the dictatorship beginning in 1972. It developed a youth military program sponsored by the Israeli Defense Force and supported counterinsurgency training for secret police including the military commander Sigifredo Ochoa, who was responsible for civilian massacres in 1981.
• Israel also sold missiles, fighter jets and armored vehicles and provided counterinsurgency experts to the repressive forces listed above as well as the dictatorships in Honduras18 and El Salvador.
• In El Salvador and Guatemala, to assist the government’s tracking of suspected opposition, Israel introduced computerized equipment to monitor telephones and to interfere with radio transmissions. The information gained was then used by rightwing
death squads to assassinate opposition figures.
Borrowing from its long-standing tactic of displacing Palestinians, Israel helped plan and implement “scorched earth” policies in El Salvador and Guatemala . In Guatemala these policies were combined with “development poles” – concentrated villages of displaced populations that allowed for greater government control over the popular movement and the repression of any grassroots organizing.
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC AID TO DICTATOR RAFAEL TRUJILLO
• As early as the 1950s, Israel sold small arms to Dominican Republic dictator Rafael Trujillo who subjected the Dominican people to a 31-year reign of terror.
COLUMBIA AIDED -BOTH- DRUGLORDS AND COLUMBIAN GOVT
Israel provided small arms and military training to Colombian paramilitaries and drug traffickers in the 1980s, and since that time, has provided counterinsurgency training, aircraft, missiles and small arms to the brutal Colombian government.
CHILE AID TO PINOCHET REGIME
• The Pinochet dictatorship of 1973-1990, that murdered, raped and tortured opposition in Chile, including trade unionists and socialists, bought Israel’s weaponry for crowd control —including vehicles fitted with water-cannons. Through the 1980’s, Israel also provided surveillance to the Pinochet regime.
APARTHEID SOUTH AFRICA
In the late 1970s, Israel was credited with providing the information, techniques and materials for the building of nuclear weapons by South Africa.
• Israel was a staunch ally of apartheid South Africa . Arms sales to South Africa included Uzis, missile boats, Gabriel missiles, communications and radar technology, ammunition, and drones. Not only did Israel arm the South African government, it also provided arms and security training to some of the puppet Bantustan governments.
• Israel also helped fortify South Africa’s border by setting up microwave detection systems, radar systems, minefields, and electric fences.•
The Histadrut had a “near monopoly” over Israeli trade with apartheid South Africa, and eagerly collaborated with its Bantustan policies. In 1960 the Histadrut formed the Afro-Asian Institute for Labor Studies and Cooperation, funded by the CIA through the AFLCIO. The Institute was designed to train Asian and African students to assume positions of leadership in their native labor movements . The incentive for both U.S. and Israeli state labor organizations was to forestall the formation of independent workers’ organizations in favor of labor organizing that served the building of neo-colonial states in former colonies.
ARMED PORTUGAL AGAINST LIBERATION MOVEMENTS IN MOZAMBIQUE ,ANGOLA
• Israel armed Portugal against national liberation movements in Mozambique, Angola and Guinea-Bissau. • In the neo-colonial civil wars, former colonial powers and current imperial powers fuel, arm, and even instigate these wars to divide and re-conquer Africa. Israel has armed many or all sides. A prime example is Israel’s arming of the three sides of Angola’s civil war at different times over four decades.
ARMED AND AIDED COLONIAL REPRESSION THEN AIDED AFRICAN DICTATORSHIPS IN IVORY COAST ,CFR, UGANDA, NIGERIA BENIN ,SENOMALIA
• Israel funded and trained the military repression of anti-colonial uprisings and/or dictatorship in the Ivory Coast, Central African Republic, Benin, Cameroon, Senegal, Togo, Uganda, Nigeria, and Somalia.
AIDED DICTATOR MOBUTU OF ZAIRE (NOW DEMOCRATIC REP OF CONGO)
• During the brutal Mobutu regime in Zaire (now Democratic Republic of Congo), Israel sold Mobutu arms and trained paratroopers, the presidential security force and the military, thus building the power of this pro-Western dictator.
AIDED DICTATOR DR HASTINGS BANDA OF MALAWI
• In Malawi, from the 1960s to 1980s, Israel provided training to tyrant Dr. Banda’s army of boys the Malawi Youth Pioneers used for murdering political opponents, terrorizing workers by flogging, and torturing opposition.
Their training in the use of firearms, martial arts, and battle tactics were improved, thanks to the role of advisers from Israel and Taiwan. weaponry, they were equipped with more sophisticated, automatic firearms than those to which they had access in the mid-1960s. Their sources of weaponry included Israel, Taiwan, and South Africa. By 1980, their arsenals included helicopter-mounted guns. Their intelligence-gathering system, which was inspired and designed by the Israelis and controlled from a base on the southern outskirts of the City of Blantyre, manifestly rivalled that of the Police or Army. Source
ARMED HUTU MILITIA IN THE CONGO TUTSI GENOCIDE
Starting in 1992, Israel sold arms and later provided training to Rwandan military and Hutu militia that in 1994 perpetrated genocide against the Tutsis. Israel continued to send millions of USD in arms even after the genocide was attracting international attention.
“Seven large cargoes of small arms worth $6.5 million were flown from Tirana [Albania] and Tel Aviv between mid-April and mid-July 1994 to the [Interahamwe] forces as they carried out the genocide, even during the time when the mass killings were being reported daily by the international news media.” Source Maariv
[Despite official Israeli denials,] Israelis were however involved with arms shipments to the Rwandan government and the rebels of the Rwandan Patriotic Front based in [then] Zaire, at whose head stood Paul Kagame. Despite the fact that Kagame was a member of the victimized Tutsi tribe, his movement too was involved in many acts of murder. During the genocide Kagame’s troops also killed thousands as they extended their control throughout the country.
STRONG TIES WITH EQUITORIAL GUINEA’S TYRANT OBIANG
• Currently, Israel maintains strong ties with the Equatorial Guinean government ruled by President Obiang who seized power in 1979. Obiang is believed to have ordered the deaths of thousands of Guineans during his period in power, and to have headed one of the most tyrannical regimes on the continent. Equatorial Guinea, with a population of 800,000 – and now flooded with petrol dollars – has purchased from Israeli companies tens of millions of dollars in naval and aircraft.
AIDED WHITE RHODESIAN (ZIMBAWE) RACIST GOVT NOW AID MUGABE
• Israel remained an ally of the white colonial apartheid state of Rhodesia until its defeat by the anti-colonial movement in 1979. After UN-imposed sanctions against Rhodesia in 1967, and through the late 1970s, Israel continued to maintain trade with the apartheid regime and provide it with arms, including Uzis and helicopters , in addition to helping Rhodesia manufacture its own submachine gun models called “Ruzis.” Israel helped Rhodesia fortify its borders by installing a land-mine belt that was 500 miles long.
“From the point of view of our existence and security, the friendship of one European country is more valuable than the views of all the people of Asia.” ~David Ben Gurion, 1957
IRAN SHAH’S REGIME
• In Iran during the rule of the Shah, Israel served to protect this brutal U.S. puppet regime. In turn, the Shah was one of the first leaders in the region to recognize Israel as a state.56 During the Iranian Revolution that overthrew the Shah, Israel sold over 150 million U.S. dollars in arms to the regime. From 1954 on, the Shah’s secret police(SAVAK) received training from the CIA and Israel. Israel participated with the U.S. in the Iran-Contra scandal,59 and also sold arms to Iran separately.
AIDED DICTATORSHIPS IN YEMEN & OMAN
• During civil wars in Yemen and Oman, Israel supported Arab dictatorships by providing war material and training to them. Israeli involvement was coordinated with the United States.
AIDED BOTH SRI LANKAN GOVT AND LTTE
• The Israeli government and Israeli corporations have provided tens of millions of dollars worth of naval and aircraft (including drones), intelligence training, electronic warfare technology, and ship-to-ship missiles to the Sri Lankan government in their efforts to destroy Tamil groups demanding an independent homeland in the northern part of the country (Tamils are 17% of Sri Lanka’s 16 million people).
AID TO SUHARTO DICTATORSHIP IN INDONESIA
• In 1978, Israel sold U.S. jets and attack helicopters to Indonesia as the military carried out genocide against people in East Timor. From 1978-1999, the Indonesian military killed more than 200,000 Timorese. Israel’s arms trade with the Suharto dictatorship continued until his resignation in 1998.
AID TO MARCOS DICTATORSHIP IN PHILIPPINES
• Israel gave support to the U.S.-backed Marcos dictatorship in the Philippines. It supplied bodyguards for Marcos and provided covert training courses through private companies.